Erasmus+ Youth Exchange: Digital Migration Stories
Are you interested in solutions-oriented journalism? Challenging misinformation about migration? Learning how to produce your own digital stories? Connecting with a cool group of young people in Germany and Finland? Then this program is right for you!
➡️ Apply HERE by Friday, October 6th, 2023
Together with our Finnish partner organization Cooperative 3E, we are excited to announce the Erasmus+ Youth Exchange Digital Migration Stories. The 10-month program brings together a diverse group of 12 young people between the ages of 18 and 25 living in Berlin/Brandenburg and the Ostrobothnia region of Finland. In workshops and two training sessions, participants will learn journalistic storytelling tools to have a go at their own digital story about migration in their communities.
- Project duration: December 2023 to September 2024
- December 7-10: Physical kick-off event in Vaasa, Finland.
- January: Hybrid workshop on storytelling in Berlin, Germany (participants from Finland attend virtually)
- February: Two online trainings (~2 hrs each) on migration and media in the European context
- March: hybrid workshop on solutions journalism in Vaasa, Finland (participants from Germany attend virtually)
- April: Joint practical workshop about digital storytelling in Berlin, Germany
- March to September: Development of your own digital story on migration
In this project, we will support young people in better understanding complex issues like migration, diversity and inclusion by strengthening their media literacy and digital storytelling skills. We especially encourage young people from migrant backgrounds to participate, but this is not a requirement to take part in the project. Participants will receive mentoring support from us as they create their own digital stories.
The project is held in English and is free of charge for the participants thanks to the funding of the Erasmus+ program of the European Commission. Upon completion of the exchange program the participants receive an Erasmus certificate.
Are you between the ages of 18-25, living in Berlin and Brandenburg, and want to be part of the Digital Migration Stories project? Apply HERE by Friday, October 6th, 2023. We look forward to getting to know you!